Thursday, June 19, 2008

Would you be suprised if Christina Aguilera was on my list?

June 19, 2008 - Thursday

So a friend of mine tells me the other day he dislikes the idea of ranking things. I agree and chime in how I like the phrase "in no particular order."
But really, isn't the list with no particular order an order in itself? If I asked you to list the 10 albums that most influenced you, wouldn't the first album that came to your head be the most influential?
Ah, but what about the one that comes around the time you get to number seven and it comes to in a flash and you say, "I can't believe I almost forgot about that album!"?
So is it really about your gut feeling or is it after careful consideration? I find that the latter breeds doubt in your decision-making. But what if you don't trust your stomach?

No comments: