Sunday, July 20, 2008

Park Point reminds me of the ocean in many ways

July 20, 2008 - Sunday

I sat on the beach yesterday and it rained after 30 minutes or so. Today I laid out at the beach for about two hours. I played sand volleyball on a patio downtown. What a lovely weekend. I can't believe I didn't start enjoying them sooner.

I have this book called 50 Things that Really Matter. It has things like bubble baths, a good cup of coffee and afternoon naps.The idea of the book is to find value in what really matters in life instead of looking for meaning in material things. I guess I don't really have a problem with that, but I like the book.

There are so many things that make me sigh with contentment. I think I could fill a book with hundreds of things that really matter. The one that comes to mind today though is going barefoot in the sand. The grittiness in between your toes and how soft it makes your feet feel--it always reminds me of summer. Plus I love how different places have different types of sand and how soft some of it can be. And isn't it crazy how sand can be so hot it can burn you?

Things change and get crazy sometimes but I think these sort of things need to be considered more often than they maybe do. At least that's my take on it today.

No comments: