Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Who brought in the coffee cup that asks "Who wants to kill a millionare?"

July 9, 2008 - Wednesday

I no longer own a car. But when I did, I loved to belt out "Somebody to Love" by Queen. I do a mean rendition when I get around to karoke. I swear it. But this simple pleasure is one of many that I forget until I'm reminded by the random selection on my stereo.

I ran out of contacts and had to wear my glasses for three weeks! In summer! not only is it hot and sweaty and hard to deal with but I LOVE wearing sunglasses.

Goodness, the small things. Habits that are hard to break. Aren't they things that might annoy you at times but really you embrace?

Optimism might seem a bit off. Pragmatism isn't half bad right? I say embrace and laugh at all of the things you can't live without that make no sense. Love them and change them often.

Here are a few assignments I have undertaken:

-Quit skipping past songs when I have my stereo on random. Isn't that the point?
-Do the things I always say "I should do that sometime" to. (ie: eat at a certain restaurant, go to a particular park, etc.)
-Slow down and remember smells. Ah the Japanese lilacs get me every time!
-Notice the patterns of people in my day--the motorcyclist who likes to break with his feet on 2nd Ave and the bicyclist with the cool Pumas.

No comments: