Thursday, April 15, 2010

Happy birthday to me!

It's my birthday week. Hell, it's my birthday month! I've always been a big fan of birthdays--it's like your own little holiday.

I'm not huge on gifts. That's not to say I won't accept them. I guess I just prefer the gift of someone's company to anything that can be purchased from a store. And I won't turn down a beer either.

But since it's my birthday week, I feel like I can get away with going down my wish list. I already have a few people committed to helping me with this; I hope you're in too.

I want:
  • Success in whatever we all strive to do. Let's meet our goals. Let's be as awesome as possible.
  • More friendly moments. Let's be nicer to store clerks, bank tellers, wait staff, people you pass on the street, census agents, and fellow drivers (even the morons).
  • Honesty. If you can't make it, don't say you can. If you want to know if that outfit makes you look fat, be prepared to hear yes. Let's be real.
  • Nuclear disarmament. Hey! It's my birthday wish list.
  • More green moments. Let's walk to the store. Hold your nose, empty, wash and recycle that old plastic dish in the fridge.
  • A few more questions. Remember when conventional wisdom said the earth was flat? There's gotta be more of that out there. Let's find it!
  • Love. Embrace the love you have. Extend the love you give.
The more we want for everyone, the more we will all have. I know this is my birthday wish list, but I'd like to think it benefits many. If you're in, thanks for playing! If not, I hope to see you the next time the game comes around.

2 comments:

MeAgain said...

A birthday Poem for you:
To you on your birthday I wish a thing or two
For a puppy’s tail to wag at the sight of you
For friendship lasting in the grand scheme of things
For your gracious wishes for all us human beings
For you to tolerate my God awful poetry
And for you to not to judge me on my rhyming ability.

I love your list sister and I will do my best to accomplish as many as possible in your honor.

Happy Birthday!

Ms. Becca said...

Oh thank you thank you lady! That was lovely. I don't think I've ever had a poem written for me. You ROCK! *Big smiles all day*