Thursday, February 18, 2010

Life Goal No. 14

It's a life goal of mine to see the Olympics. I'm not picky. Any Olympic event will do. Any place in the world will do. Every few years I revisit this goal when the games come on TV.

The Olympics are some of the coolest events in the world because originally they were created to honor the Greek gods, all sorts of amazing athletes show up and it's one of the few times the world comes together to celebrate something positive.

My best girlfriend from Norway will watch her friends compete in downhill skiing events in Vancouver today. How insanely awesome is that?!? She asked me to go, but I told her I just couldn't swing it.

What she doesn't know is that her friend is picking me up at the airport on their way out of Seattle (she thinks her friend is picking up some clients) before they drive to Vancouver. Today. At 3pm.

Oh. My. God. I can't tell you how impossible of a secret this was to keep. Fulfilling a life goal, traveling to a new city AND surprising my best friend I haven't seen in three months? AHHHH!!! I am so excited and I just want to share it with everyone! Life is good!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You inspire me, Becca, seriously.
I want do do things like that when I'm finally old enough to do them.

I love the idea of just deciding to do something, and surprising a friend... and just all of it. =]

Ms. Becca said...

Awwwww so glad I inspire you! I believe you will be doing plenty of these kind of things when you turn 18...but maybe you convince your mom to let you come to Cali before that :) You're always welcome! (You just need a ticket! We will cook and chill at the beach otherwise.)

Iva Messy said...

fabulous goal~ Have a super day!!