Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Ah fantasy football!

September 6, 2006 - Wednesday

Another year, another draft. I have to say I think I like the auction style better. But that might have something to do with the fact that I became a financial backer this year instead of a player. Don't get me wrong; I dig the draft: I have been involved four years running. However, I just didn't have the brain power to waste on knowing *all* those players. I think guys have a special part of their brain dedicated solely to stats like the fact that Antonio Gates had 1100 yards last season, averaging about 70 yards a game. (68.9 as Dave has informed me.)

So, I watched Bryan -- the one who gave me the nickname I have on this Web site -- draft our (his) team, which I have to say is pretty sweet. Now I get to watch all the games, cheer for the players and maybe win some cash. I can't wait to hear the sweet, sweet sounds of NFL pregame on FOX. Na-na-na na-na-nuh!!!!! Combine that with baseball in October (forget October, what about September?)and it's a good time to be a sports fan.

No comments: