Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Patience

September 27, 2006 - Wednesday

So the saying goes: The best things come to those who wait. Basically, patience is a virtue. I couldn't agree more.

For the past few years I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I have been working at least two jobs and going to school, all while trying to maintain some sort of social life to keep me sane. I complained a lot about it, but I miss the madness. I really do. I'm one of those people who really likes to be busy. It is sort of a catch-22, however. I like to be busy, but when I'm busy I would love to have a night to watch TV and read a book in the bathtub.

So, here I am with one (part time) job and nothing to do but read and watch TV. I take walks with my sister, and I'm trying to play the piano more often. I do get bored by myself so I go out with friends, but a part-time job means less money to do things with. I have been job hunting, which is time-consuming, but it requires serious patience. I am not a fan of waiting for the phone to ring.

I guess patience is something special. But my Type-A personality just won't let me enjoy it!

No comments: