Thursday, September 28, 2006

Soon we may be (cross your fingers) homeowners!

September 28, 2006 - Thursday

Dave and I went house hunting today. We talked about it last night; I've been discouraged with a lot of things that have happened on our path to home ownership. The first house we put an offer on was abruptly taken off the market because the agent (who was also the seller) decided her asking price was too low -- shady. Another house we were intending to put an offer on was just a little too close to murderville. So I finally caved and agreed to move to the suburbs.

This morning was our fourth excursion of seeing about 10 properties. (Our poor Realtor. He has been great.) The first house we saw today was it! It is perfect for us. It has room for us to grow (don't read too much into that) and realistic sweat equity. Sweet! We put an offer on the house at about 4 p.m.

Now we wait. Another test of my patience. But as I was told yesterday by two people in my life (who both happen to have the same birthday): Sometimes it's not about the destination, it's about the journey.

No comments: