Saturday, September 9, 2006

Cold enough for you?

September 9, 2006 - Saturday

I love how everyone finds something to talk about on an elevator or the bus. The weather! Who decided it was so entertaining? Minnesotans love to talk about the weather, or rather I should say, Minnesotans love to complain about the weather. The winter is long and cold; the summer is too short and hot. People say only death and taxes are certain. I believe this complaint is certain even with global warming working against it.

On that note, why is it 52 degrees in September? I am not OK with this -- maybe at night, but not at 2 p.m. There is something so cozy about pulling out the sweaters and big blankets, but I don't expect to do that until October. I wanted another month of skirts and tank tops. The weather forecaster warned me that the warm days would come back, but I don't trust meteorologists. Since when is telling the future a legitimate science? Not that I'm bitter ...

No comments: