Monday, May 24, 2010

Movie Clip Monday--Food makes all the difference

Whenever I get home from grocery shopping (which is almost daily), I think to myself, Happiness is a full fridge. Food is on the bottom level of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. You can't do much of anything without it.

I've been working with a great charity for the past month and wanted to share it. Food For Children is a branch of my local food bank. And every dollar they get provides five meals for children. And not just canned pantry items. Half of that is fresh produce. The stuff that smells and tastes oh! So good!

This video has some great interviews with families who benefit from the program. There are also some kids claiming that their favorite foods are broccoli and carrots. How fantastic is that?



I encourage everyone to donate time or money if they're able. If you're not from the area, you can find your local food bank here. Kids are out of school, so now is a great opportunity to help keep their refrigerators (and stomachs) full.

My blog is moving! Check is out at www.sunnysanguinity.com. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

MeAgain said...

Thanks for the link!