Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Who doesn't love a change of heart?

Someone asked me recently if I was fickle. I had to think about it. When I looked it up, the definition was inconsistent and given to change. But it came from an old English word that meant deceitful.

What I want to know is when did changing become a bad thing? There is an inherent difference between lying and changing your mind.

I guess one could say "Wait. I changed my mind, I did steal your lunch," but I think most of us can all agree that that is deceit. And just downright wrong. Who steals lunch?!?

I think fickle has gotten a bad rap. I've heard La donna รจ mobile. I know what people are saying about women and apparently spring. (*Gasp* And it's my favorite season!)

fickle NYC

And it's true. I propose that being changeable makes you able to evolve and move throughout life. If nothing was able to change, there wouldn't be butterflies, humans would cower at lightning, and I wouldn't be writing this blog.

So I proudly answer the question: Damn straight I'm fickle!

I'm moving! Check out www.sunnysanguinity.com for my new blog!

4 comments:

MeAgain said...

I reject fickle. I call myself an "entaty in flux" but if you don't like that, you can call me the "Change Ninja" but never fickle. Thankyouverymuch.

Change rocks. Those that don't like change are left behind.
*put an "eat my dust" sign on my back and pedals off*

Ms. Becca said...

Amazing how connotation can make us reject a word. I like Change Ninja. Consider it stolen ;)

Unknown said...

Fickle as a pickle..only if i'm tickled.
Good point Ms. B. and actually nothing stays the same, we and everything else are always fluxing. It is our desire to have consistency...but that is illusory. :) keep up the great work!

Ms. Becca said...

Thanks Ivan! I totally agree. People who can't handle change get left in the dust in their own illusions ;)